Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas (A Few Days Late)

Well another Christmas has come and gone. Oh wait, there is one more Christmas to celebrate. My side of the family is Serbian Eastern Orthodox and we celebrate Christmas on January 7th. DD's birthday is on the 6th of January. We still are in the planning stages for her birthday. She has mentioned that she wants a vanilla layer cake decorated with polka dots and stars. So I'll have to order her cake before it gets to be too late. We didn't quite have a full house for Christmas. My aunt and cousin didn't show and an uncle was sick. I messed up the mashed potatoes. I put the milk and butter in the bottom of the bowl then added the potatoes started mashing and then oops this is too soupy. Instant potatoes to the rescue! The dressing ended up being too dry. Although it re-heated up even better. I ended up giving out a lot of the hand knitted items as Christmas gifts. All recipients seemed to have loved their gifts (either that or they are very good actors/actresses. I signed up to take a sweater class at Fiddleheads. I got several gift certificates to Fiddleheads. Enough to pay for the class and purchase the yarn for the sweater. Photos to come later. I am making progress on the Lady Eleanor. I am enjoying knitting her very much. I can't wait to start knitting her in some Glazed Carrot Malabrigo. The only knitting gift that I got from DH was the SNB calendar. I need to bring that to work so I can enjoy it there!

No comments: