Thursday, November 06, 2008

Happy Thursday

Studying is not going well this week at all. I have done very little in the way of reviewing for my exam which is on the 24th. I need to get through the last chapter of the book then I can start my final review process. My thoughts are this exam might be ugly. I am not going to be prepared much less have any chance of passing. I am still waiting the results from the third section that I took last month. So far I have failed two sections of the exam.
On the knitting front things are going well. I am almost finished with my third sock. Yes, you heard me right. Third sock. I am current knitting Monica Jines pattern Mini Pretzel Twists using Wollmeise. When I finished knitting the second sock it was completely different than the first. I wasn't too happy with the fit of the first sock. It was a bit more loose in the foot than I normaly like. I like a snug sock and since these socks are for me. The striping is way different between the two socks. So, after I finished the second sock I got out my Weight Watchers scale and weighed both completed socks individually and then the leftover yarn. I determined that I have more than enough yarn to knit a third sock. So that's what I proceeded to do. The third sock is similar to the second sock in striping and fit. So I am a happy camper. I am on the foot of the third sock. It doesn't take me long at all to knit up a sock. I can normally do a pair in about two weeks time. So one sock takes me a week.
I signed up for another swap. This one is the Loopy Swap 3. I got my partner in email the other day. Last night I figured out what I am going to knit for her and ordered the yarn. By the time the yarn gets here I should have the sock finished and ready to start the mystery project. I am always excited to start a new project. I still have Lady Eleanor on the needles. One of these years she will be an FO. I was surprised that I was able to figure out where I left off in the pattern. I have come a long way in my knitting experience. I bought a Namaste bag, my very first one. I got a Laguna in peacock. Now I just need to transfer everything to my new bag. I am trying to decide if I want to see my Offhand Designs bag or not.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Can't wait to hear how you like the Laguna. I found it too large for my purposes...