Friday, October 19, 2007

No pictures yet but an Update

Update on the Monkey situation, it's getting a little hairy. I've got the toe left and I am running out of yarn. I don't think that I am going to have enough to make it. I want to try to finish the sock tonight. I am debating about getting out of work early to go up to Whitefish Bay to get the yarn. I've got 17 rows left and the bind off. With the amount of yarn that I see, I really don't think that I am going to make it. Now the I wish I would have's come into play. I wish I would have done one less pattern repeat, then I would have had more than enough yarn to complete the sock. Oh well. If I have to go get another hank of yarn to finish the sock, my monkey pal is going to get the leftover yarn. Last night GJ a friend from work went to our LYS. GJ was looking for some yarn to do a vest and matching socks for her granddaughter. She picked out some Shepard Sport Weight Lorna's Laces in Bittersweet. It is going to be an awesome vest. I picked out some Malabrigo for the Amelia hat for KD and also the knitting book YNot. KD absolutely loved the color that I picked out. When I was at the LYS, I fell in love with another Tonya bag in the Hip To Be Square Mocha colorway. But I all ready have one in the Spring Stripes colorway. I also don't want to spend that much money for another Tonya bag. So I did some investigating and decided that I want to order a Zelda bag in the Hip To Be Square Mocha colorway. Well I am getting off of work an hour early and heading up to Whitefish Bay to get the yarn. I just hope traffic isn't going to be too bad. I am bound and determined to get this sock finished tonight. While I'm there I'm going to look for some sock yarn for a pair of socks for my boss.

1 comment:

cathych said...

I am trying to get hold of a mod for the scarf exchange. Please email me at wilmingtonbaha@gmail.com.