Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Don't Know What The Title Should Be

I finally got the address from my Monkey Pal, all I need to do now is enclose a note in her package and send it on it's way. Victoria's package has been sitting on my diningroom table also in need of addressing and a final trip to the post office. They'll be put in the post sometime tomorrow morning after my Weight Watchers meeting.
I casted on for my ISE5 pal's scarf on Sunday. I had to frog it numerous times. I started with size 8 needles like the pattern stated, didn't get gauge. I went down to a size 6 needle, didn't get gauge. Casted on with a size 4 needles, got a close enough gauge. I'm knitting the Montego Bay scarf in Handmaiden's Seasilk Sangria. It is absolutely gorgeous. I did have to frog it a couple more times because I kept forgetting a yarn-over. The next time I knit something else, I am going to be doing yarnovers without even thinking! I believe I have about 48 inches knitted. I keep measuring the scarf by holding it up to see about how much more I have to go before it's bigger than me. Nope not yet. By the way, i'm only 5 feet tall. The pattern says that the scarf should be 80 inches after you do all the pre-cutting for the fringe. Well, I keep looking at the remaining yarn and keep thinking I am not going to get an 80 inch scarf. I do know though that when I finish with this hank of yarn, I am done. I casted on with 43 stitches, I now have 41 stitches. Somewhere along the way, I lost two stitches. By the way, if you find them could you please tell them to contact me. I am absolutely loving this pattern and can not believe what a quick knit it is. It is hard to believe how much I have knitted in less than a week's time.
DH and I got a surprise invitation over the weekend. DS called and asked if we would mind having Thanksgiving at their house. I'm not going to pass this one up. Since Mom moved into a smaller place there is no way that we would be able to have it over at her place.
Monday, I got a Halloween costume to wear at my Sunday Weight Watcher meeting. I'm going to be a buccaneer, is that the same thing as a pirate minus the eye patch? Hopefully BD will wear her costume to the Sunday meeting. BD is going to be Marilyn Monroe.
Have you checked on the Winter Preview for Intervweave Knits yet? There are three patterns there that I would eventually like to knit. I like the Henley Perfected, Sweater Girl Pullover and the Tilting Cable Socks. Who knows if I will ever get around to knitting them. I'm not sure if I would add them to my Ravelry queue or not. I am just using the queue for what I absolutely want to knit. Yesterday, in the mail I got my Zelda Bag from Offhand Designs which I ordered through StitchDiva.com. I would absolutely order through them again. The bag came real fast and directly from Offhand Designs. I ordered the Zelda bag, it was a bit smaller than I had anticipated but it will work great for carrying around my sock projects. Eventually, I may order the next size up Zelda bag. Check here for a comparison of the bags. I didn't order the Zelda Grand because I didn't like the handles on it. So I may end up ordering the Zelda Tote. The bags are simply gorgeous and hold up very well.
I didn't do as well as I would have like in bowling this week. My first game, I was way off. I bowled a 94, 137 and 133. If I calculated out everything right, I dropped my average by 1 pin this week. My average is about 127. Saturday night, DH and I are joining a couples league. It'll be our first night bowling. I wonder how well I'll bowl then. I am waiting for my average to be higher on that league. I did decide though, that when leagues are done with for the season that I am going to get a new and non-plastic bowling ball and learn how to throw a hook.
Tonight, I have a date with DH. I think I surprised him when I asked him "out". I'm cooking Shrimp Scampi, putting candles on the table and using the good china. Yep, you heard right the good china (that's if I don't kill myself getting it down from the high cabinets.) We borrowed a movie from our son to watch (Ghost Rider). I'm getting dressed up and I told him that he needs to shave and do the same.

3 comments:

SissySees said...

Oooh!!! You are my hero all over again. I hadn't seen the IK preview, and I'm crazy about a couple of things I saw, the Celtic Tote for instance...

We're still sorting out Thanksgiving plans. Dunno; may do it at our house again this year.

trashalou said...

Ana, am one of your group for ISE5 and can't find your contact details to ask for my spoilee's address. Looking forward to hearing from you, lol, trashalou.

PegF said...

Hi there,

Is there any way I could be notified when ISE6 gets underway? I just found out about this fun thing and have already missed the deadline! :-[

Thanks so much,
Peg