Sunday, October 29, 2006

Eureka

I went yesterday afternoon to go pick up the Malabrigo that I had bought at the open house at Fiddlesticks on Monday night. I had left the three skeins of Malabrigo in a Saphire Magenta colorway along with a skein of turquoise Cascade 220 to be wound into a pancake. I also brought my knitting project with, the scarf that I am doing in Frog Tree. Mindy's aunt was visiting so she didn't have time to help me out. She has asked me if I would leave it there but I really wasn't prepared to do that. I wanted to keep on knitting. So we talked about it and I had two options, I could tink or just frog it and reuse the yarn. She also suggested that I use stitch markers in between the pattern repeats. So....I frogged it. I ended up cutting it at a certain point and I casted on and started knitting. This time I am placing a stitch marker after each pattern repeat. I am happy to say that I am definitely making progress. I am further along than any other previous attempt. I am also very happy with the way that it is looking. Now, my thoughts are how long is it going to take me to get it knitted up. The stitch markers seemed to have helped with my extra yarn overs and togethers. I was probably getting mixed up in the pattern. I am so excited, Thursday is my first knitting class that I am taking at Fiddlesticks. I am going to learn how to knit Toe-Up socks. It will also be the first socks that I will make. Now, I have to decide which of my yummy sock yarn I want to use. I also need to get some double pointed needles. I figure that I am going to get them on Friday when I go for my class. I do have a question though, I just got done watching a commerical with all these sheep. Half the train car contained white sheep, the other half black. The black sheep are running through town and you see them amongst Harleys. Ok, here's the question, what does that have to do with Harley Davidson? The whole time I was watching the commercial all I could think about was sheep=wool=yarn. I need to post a few pictures...they are coming. Time to go knit.

No comments: