Monday, January 29, 2007

No pictures yet

I didn't realize that it has been awhile since I last posted. So I guess it's catch-up time. I really haven't finished anything that I had been working on. Since my last post I have taken a sweater class and a class to learn how to make Moebius cowl. I didn't quite get the hang of the cast on method so most of the class was spent working on that. I did manage to mess that up but I am moving on. I decided that I am just going to knit with this one skein of yarn and then attempt to cast-on on my own and see how I do. It is a cool looking cowl. I figure that it would be good to use as a scarf for around my neck and also maybe a hat. I also started a sweater class and that is now complete but the sweater isn't. I am using a pattern from Karabella yarns called the Red Cabled Sweater except mine is more of a lilac color done in Debbie Bliss' cashmerino aran. It is very soft and the yarn has been a dream to work with. I have the back completed and was almost done with the back but I have a problem I think I went a bit too far with the armhole measurements and now I have to rip out several inches of knitting. Once the front is done then it is onto the sleeves and then piecing it together. The last thing to complete is a belt that attaches to the cable that goes around to the back cable. I can't wait to finally get to try the sweater on. Once everything is said and done, the sweater will have costed me $80 in yarn, $25 for the class, $14 for the circular needle and all the time that I have invested in it. That is going to be one expensive sweater. I know that the next sweater I want to knit is something from Dale of Norway. It'll be my first attempt into knitting with two colors. Eventually I want to learn how to knit continental style. I currently knit english. Knitting daughter has been working on a lime green skinny scarf in a cascade wool. She still has twenty stitches on her needle but somehow has developed a hole in her knitting. She's ok with the hole. She was so cute on Sunday, she brought her knitting with her and sat in the back corner of the meeting room when I was doing my Weight Watchers meeting. She said that one of my members asked her who taught her how to knit and she said my mom and the girl turned to her mom and said how come you haven't taught me how to knit. She surprised me on Friday night when she wanted to come to my knitting class with me. I forgot to ask how she liked it. She did get quite a bit of knitting done. I would be amazed if she did have some fun because there was no one there that was her age. Lady Eleanor has been put to the back burner for awhile. I think that I need to not start any more projects until I get a few of them that are on the needles off. anawhoneedstogetsomeprogresspicturesposted

No comments: