Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sweater Update

I did get to Fiddleheads last night to get some help in ripping out a few rows of knitting. Here I thought that it was going to be several inches worth. When I measured it, it only ended up being about 5 or 6 rows. Mindy showed me how to rip it out but I ran into some problems when it came time to put the stitches back on the needle for the cable row. Wouldn't you know that I had ripped out all the way to the cable row. The first row that I was knitting was the cable row and that caused a few problems. Mindy ended up fixing it for me and finished knitting the row for me. I owe her a huge thanks for that. My DD ended up coming with me, she had thought that we were only going to be there for about 15 minutes, well it turned up to be an hour. She couldn't resist the yarn and found some turquoise to go with her coat in a baby ul by dale of norway. We would have had to use really small needles and she would have been forever knitting. So she ended up getting some yarn in a turquoise in a Cascade Quatro. I am going to have to cast-on for her so she can start her scarf. She is going to make a skinny scarf. I didn't work on my sweater last night but instead continued working on my Moebius. Despite all of it's design flaws, I am anxious to take it off the needles and try it on. I am on the lace edging. 8 more rounds to go and then I can bind off and try her on. I also need to make some progress on my sweater, I can't wait to begin piecing that together so I can finally show off all my hardwork. anawhoknowssheneedstopostphotosofherwips.

No comments: