Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend

At least this weekend didn't seem to fly by like they normally do. Saturday, I did my Weight Watchers meeting and it seemed to go fairly well but no one really wanted to talk. Sometimes I feel like I am pulling teeth. I got home from the meeting, then we took my daughter to the orthodontist. After that we returned my husband's cell phone because he decided that the didn't want one. After we turned it back in and got back to the car first words out of his mouth were "freedom". I look it like this, it is going to save me some money each month because that is one less phone that I am going to have to pay for. After that was lunch at Culver's. From there, my daughter and I dropped my husband off at home and then took a field trip to Milwaukee to look for two yarn shops that I had learned about from a fellow knitter on a knitters review forum website that I like to read. One of the websites contained directions on how to get there. We found the two shops with no problems. The first shop was my favorite. The lighting was good and the selection of yarn was good. Lots of different textures and gorgeous colors. I could tell that my daughter was getting bored. I don't think she shares my love of yarn yet. I ended up buying a skein of cotton yarn, 2 skeins of bamboo. I saw this gorgeous butterfly shrug that I fell in love with. The owner of the shop was kind enough to give me the pattern since I bought two skeins. I wasn't too crazy about the idea of crocheting since that is what the pattern calls or but it wouldn't hurt to do some crocheting every now and then. The next shop we went to was just down the road a bit. The first thing that I noticed was a couch in back of the store where the owner was teaching someone about either knitting or crocheting. There was not a lot of yarn to select from. I didn't feel too comfortable with the shop. The owner did mention something about a yarn shop opening up in Kenosha. My husband ended up going to the races only to come home because of being rained out. I spent most of night working on one of the squares for my afghan and worked on my meeting for Sunday. I was pretty excited and had a real good feeling about my meeting on Sunday and I was correct. It was such an awesome meeting. I am trying something new. I only had one flipchart page that I made at the meeting center. I am typing my questions on a piece of paper and having them on a chair. I am also coming up with questions on my own. I feel that my meetings are starting to evolve and I am becoming a better leader. I am anxious to see how Wednesday's and Saturday's group respond to this meeting. I also believe that it is a good topic. Well tomorrow is back to the gym. In a way I am looking forward to it and in a way I am not. I'm not looking forward to seeing how much of a setback that I have had. I am starting to feel miserable and out of shape.

No comments: