Thursday, July 20, 2006

Been Awhile

I finally graduated from college, after 10 long grueling years. I graduated Magna Cum Laude but that was back in May. My son graduated from high school. I ended up wiping away a few tears that night. I was so proud of him. Unfortunately, we don't have many pictures fromt hat night. I told my husband to go take some pictures and he didn't get any! I am happy to say that the local newspaper did manage to take one picture of him looking so proud and so I ordered it and that is the only picture that I have from his graduation night. The local paper ended up putting a little bit about how the two of us started school, me college at Carthage and my son high school at the same time and graduated in the same year. So now everyone's been asking "What are you going to do with all that free time?" My reply was I have no clue. So what have I been doing with all my free time? I have picked up knitting again. I taught myself how to knit last year and have picked up the needles again. My latest passion has been knitting dishcloths. I have completed a couple. I will post pictures of these later. My latest project that I am working on is a bunch of blocks to which I am going to assemble as an afghan. I am calling my afghan butterflies and dragonflies. I am doing it in Lion Brand Micro Spun in the colors of Coral, Lime, Lavender, Turquoise and Buttercup. I had to do a layout in Excel to determine how many blocks of each pattern I am doing and in what color. The hardest part was to make sure that a lot of the same colors were not next to each other or repeated in the same row. There are only two colors that are diagonal from each other. I am going to layout all the blocks before I sew them together and take a picture to see if they look good together. If not, I may be doing some more knitting. I have on Coral block completed and that took maybe not even a half of skein of yarn. I had thought originally to give this afghan to my daughter but she's not too thrilled about the dragonflies and butterflies. She had helped to pick out the colors. She had thought that I was going to a striped afghan for her. I guess I should have told her what I had planned. Mom's birthday is Sunday. We're taking her out to Cracker Barrel for her birthday. I am going to tell her what I am going to get for her birthday but I have to wait for a sale. Usually Hobby Lobby has it on sale for half off. She wants a mirror that has pegs on it for a coat rack. She likes the one that we have in front entrance way. So I figured that is what I am going to get her. I should have remembered that she said that she wanted one. She had mentioned it. I had to ask my brother what mom wanted. Well I am going to close for now.

No comments: