Friday, July 20, 2007

OTN Friday (Without the Pictures)

I decided that I am going to attempt (notice the word attempt) posting about what is on my needles every Friday. Even though I have WIPs listed on the sidebar I can at least talk about them. First up, the Uptown Boot Socks that I am working on for my Sock It To Me Pal. I am on the foot of the first sock but I am beginning to worry if I will have enough yarn to finish the second sock. I am knitting these in Scout's Swag colorway of Secret. The pattern is very easy but it is interesting to see how one cable is more pronounced than the other. The pattern is looking more like a swirl that is going around the leg. I think that it looks pretty cool. Second, is the Easy Hat from Fiber Trends. I haven't touched this hat since we got back from our racing weekend. I did show it to Mom and she says that she likes the color and she did try it on. It does fit. I am knitting that in Louet Gems in the Hibiscus colorway. I am to the point on the hat where I am going to start decreasing. That is pretty much what I have on my needles. I have others but I am probably just going to send them to the Frog Pond. After my knitting has been sitting idle for way too long, I lose my place and so I may just as well send them to the Frog Pond and return the wool to the stash. Upon looking at my WIP list the only thing destined for the Frog Pond is the Lady Eleanor Stole. The Moebius Cowl just needs to have the ends buried. I am going to attempt to finish the Knitting Pure & Simple Henley Tshirt for Women. I am just too far a long on that to frog it. I should also say that I am going to see if I can manage to figure out where I'm at and will I be able to continue on. On a different note: I joined the Hogwarts Sock Swap 2 this week. I was pretty excited about it. The pal that I am knitting for is in Louisiana and we are to use our Hogwarts names only and not our muggle name. I would like to introduce you to Lavender Kedavra (that's me). Lavender is a first year in the Ravenclaw House. As a first year, we are supposed to knit a pair of socks in our pal's house colors. Victoria's house is the Slytherin house. We are to send our pal stitch markers in their colors and also some needles (not necessarily in house colors.) I've all ready ordered the yarn and stitch markers. Since Victoria has all ready possibly visited my blog and will be making more visits (Hi Victoria) I will have to find ways to post pictures in a most interesting manner.

No comments: