Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sock It To Me Contest

The Sock It To Me Swap that I joined is having a contest, the prize a skein of Socks that Rock in a colorway of my choice. All I have to do is write about is why and how I started knitting. Let's first address the why I started knitting. I've always been fascinated by knitting, I all ready knew how to do crochet, cross stitch, ceramics and quilting but not knitting. I am not quite sure what had drawn me to knitting but I was just drawn it was a force that I can't explain. How I started knitting, I bought some how-to books and thought that I could teach myself knitting. I had a difficult time learning the knitting stitch but had an Eureka moment in the place where I always get them, the shower. I finally was able to visualize myself doing the stitch. So as soon as I got out, dried off and dressed, I grabbed my needles and started knitting. I quickly found online resources for knitting and slowly progressed. My stash grew unfortunately with acrylic red heart yarn (you'll have to excuse me on that one, my town did not have a LYS). That was quickly remedied when I made a trip to Milwaukee to visit one. I really didn't get the true knitting bug until about a year ago. I have learned so much in the past year. I didn't really get bitten by the sock bug until about a couple of months ago. You should see my sock yarn stash!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Okay Ana....Flash That Stash!