Friday, September 21, 2007

ALOHA TO DISNEYLAND!

That is name of the challenge that my two Weight Watcher Groups are doing. Both groups in the two meetings I lead decided that they needed a challenge. My Wednesday group completed Challenge number 1. The name of that was Trekking to Napa Valley. Sadly we only made it to the outskirts of Cheyenne, Wyoming. One of the meeting topics was moving more. I talked about Trekking to Napa Valley that my Wednesday group did and the Sunday group decided that they wanted a challenge also so Aloha to Disneyland was born. This Sunday will be the first week that the steps are turned in and I am anxious to see who will be participating and turning in their steps. The rules are very simple. Those that want to participate will wear a pedometer every day and record the number of steps taken. I will then convert those steps to miles based on my pedometer. I am including my steps in the challenge for both groups but just to help them out with getting to their destinations. We have until December to walk to Disneyland but once we reach Disneyland we are going to go to Hawaii. I have a list of stops a long the way. At one of the meetings I am going to announce the winners and we are going to have a celebration Weight Watcher style of course! I mentioned to my Wednesday group that my Sunday group was doing the challenge and they wanted to join in. They are actually challenging my Sunday group. It is going to be fun to watch the competitiveness between the two groups. I am still working out on how I am going to do the prizes now that there are two groups involved. It surprised me that the Wednesday group wanted to do the challenge. I did find out that the Trekking to Napa Valley challenge actually inspired them to move more and that they actually wanted another challenge! Keep reading each week and I'll post how the two groups are doing. From the first challenge out of approximately averaging 18-22 members per week, 10 people turned in their weekly steps every single week. Not bad for the first challenge.

No comments: