Thursday, September 07, 2006

Butterfly Shrug

I almost had a mishap last night. I tried to see if the ball of bamboo that I was working with would complete the very last row. I almost made it too. I ended up a couple of inches short. This is where the fun started. I tried to see if I could join the new ball of bamboo in the middle of a row. Well that did work out and somehow, I ended up with a knot. I couldn't take it out. So it was time to do some surgery. I did a little snip and somehow a row three down started to unravel right in the middle of the work, I had rows of stitching on each side. There is good news in all of this! I was able to add the new ball of bamboo without any further problem! I continued on. I got one sleeve sewed last night. I still need to bury some ends but it shouldn't be that big of a problem. Today during lunch, I got the other sleeve sewn and started working on the flared bottom of the shrug. I am on the second to last row of triple crochets. Then I just have to attach the side edges of the flared bottom to the sleeves and bury the ends then voila I am done! I just may be able to get this finished tonight. This Crocheted Butterfly Shrug has been very easy to crochet. I just love the yarn that I am using and the color. Stay tuned for the picture of the completed shrug. I have a Weight Watcher meeting in Union Grove tonight. I'm receptioning again. I sure hope that I do okay.

No comments: