Friday, September 01, 2006

Almost did it again!

Yesterday, I subbed for the first time as a receptionist for WW. I had a really good time. I got there early and wouldn't you know, they were having a used clothing sale at the church where the meeting was held. I ended up getting some clothes, the leader that I was helping last night, Judy, she even picked some clothes out for me. Although, when I got home later there was only a pant suit and a blouse that my husband and daughter liked. It was hilarious, I was modelling the clothes, my daughter was on the computer headset on and she would make funny faces if she didn't like the outfit. I think that I did fairly well last night, I balanced but I forgot to tear the top portion off the 10 week pre-pay that I had sold. Judy said that she was going to stop by the person's house on the way home and see if she can get it from her to enclose in the tally. I am going to sub for this meeting next week. They were a real good group of people and I had a great time and laughed a lot. Who knows maybe watching Judy will give me ideas for making my Saturday morning meetings even better! I got some great ideas for my meeting on Saturday all ready. I didn't get too much knitting done last night. I only knitted for an hour. I'm still working on my so-called sock. At the moment it has one inch of 2x2 ribbing, and one more inch to go before I start working in stockingnette stitch. I almost had a mishap with it this morning. I somehow drop a stitch and was thinking oh no here we go again. I'm not sure how it looks, I'm waiting to knit a few more rows before I take a peek to see how bad it looks. I'm telling myself this is your practice sock so don't worry too much about it. Who knows maybe there's no damage at all and I did a good job of repairing it. I won't be knitting during lunch today, my husband and daughter are coming in to take me out to lunch. Hubby took the day off of work. He's 41 today. Happy Birthday Scott. He mentioned something to me yesterday about my daughter complaining about the amount of time that it takes to drive to see me for lunch. His opinion is then don't go, good opinion in my thoughts. So the sock survived the mishap this morning and is not a candidate for the frog pond. My Noro arrived this morning, I was informed of this by my daughter. I can't wait to see the colorways. I ordered colorways #88 and #128 in Kureyon. Webs had an overstock sale $5.79 a skein, I couldn't pass that up. So now I have enough Noro Kureyon to make 3 Booga Bags. (I still have to felt the first bag. I think it's going for a swim this weekend). Next, I have my eye on some Wool of the Andes from Knit Pick for some buttonhole bags. I found out the most wonderful news yesterday, there is a yarn shop opening up on Tuesday in town! The place is called Fiddleyards. I am so excited, I can't wait to go check it out! I am going to go drive by the place to see if she has her hours posted on the door. I have to do a meeting on Tuesday, so I am hoping that I can go there after I get done with the meeting. If not, I'll be making a trip on Wednesday when I am done with work. I do hope that she carries some good sock yarns and of course Noro!

No comments: