Monday, September 04, 2006

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

This is my So-Called Sock. I believe that I had gotten as far as turning the heel, but I am not sure how to continue from there. I was using Stephanie Pearl-McPhees directions from Knitting Rules but to do the gusset the instructions are written for three needles. I ordered the Magic Loop Technique book from Knit Picks. I decided that my So-Called Sock will never be completed. There are several mistakes in the sock. Not bad for my first attempt at Magic Loop, if I do say so myself. Once I recieve the Magic Loop technique book, I am going to cast-on for my next sock using this yarn. I bought only one skein because that is all the LYS had. I like the colorway and want to see how it will knit up. If I like this, and don't make a lot of mistakes (that are real noticeable then maybe I will find an online store to order this from.) I just ordered the book today and I figure that I should have it by the end of the week. I can't wait to cast-on and complete one sock! Decisions, decisions, decisions. I am trying to decide what do I want to knit or crochet next. To the left you see a hank of Noro Sakura in colorway #3. It's sister skein had turned into that blob from one of my earlier posts. I am going to knit this into the My So-Called Scarf. I know that the scarf is going to be a thin one and more decorative than anything. Or do I break out the crochet hook and use this lovely Bamboo to knit a Butterfly shrug that I got the pattern from the Loop Yarn Shop in Milwaukee. I had seen this shrug in this same colorway and it was simply gorgeous. I purchased two skeins and the owner gave the pattern free. The shrug looks very simple to make. I just need a brush up course on crocheting. The pattern calls for single, double, and triple crochet. I did manage to buy the correct size crochet hook. Here it is my Booga Bag before going for a swim! It is done in Noro Kureyon colorway #40. I knitted this on Addi Turbo's size 10 1/2. The handles are waiting for the swim too. I have enough Noro Kureyon in colorways, #88, 128, and 165 to make three more bags. So what am I going to knit or crochet next? Tune in tomorrow to find out. I also am pretty excited about tomorrow. Fiddlehead Yarns is opening tomorrow! I am going to see if they will still be open when I get done with my Weight Watchers meeting in Paddock Lake tomorrow. I am working as a receptionist for that meeting. Sally's the leader and maybe she can give me some ideas for my meetings!

No comments: