Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New Yarn, Butterfly, and Needles

I was so excited yesterday about Fiddlehead Yarns opening. I took off of work early before my meeting in Paddock Lake to go check the store out! It is such an awesome store and the owner Mindy was very friendly. The hours are not the greatest but that should help me out quite a bit. She had a nice selection of yarns and I was in seventh heaven to see several different kinds of sock yarn. She had two socks on display, I forgot the types of yarns that she had used. I had a hard time deciding which sock yarn I had wanted to purchase. She had some Austerman Step, Opal, Regia, Sisu, and Lorna's Lace. I couldn't make up my mind between the Opal or the Lorna's Laces. I ended up with two hanks of the Lorna's Laces in Sherbert. I wasn't too interested in Regia because I all ready have a skein in one of the colors. I think I am going to go back and get skein of the Opal and the Austerman. She's also offering to toe-up sock class that I am thinking about signing up for. The prices for her classes are very reasonable. I need to rescue the needles off of my so-called sock and find the appropriate place for the sock. I am going to wait for my Magic Loop book from Knit Picks before I start another sock.

OTN right now, well actually it's on my crochet hook is the beginning of what I hope to be a gorgeous Butterfly shrug. I am crocheting it with 100% Bamboo yarn. The pattern came from The Loop Yarn Shop in Milwaukee. Here is a close-up of the Butterfly Shrug that I have stitched so far. I am loving the feel of the Bamboo yarn. I also love the colorway. I can't wait to finish this. My thoughts are to wear a dark brown shirt underneath the shrug. So far this is a good easy pattern to crochet. I decided to clean up my dresser tonight. These are all the knitting needles I found on top of the dresser. My daughter thought that the glass was retro. At least now I'm not going to have knitting needles all over the place. These needles have pretty much been retired since, I got a set of Knit Pick Option needles. I fell in love with knitting with circulars. I should go hunt down the other needles that are in the basement and add them to the collection.

No comments: