Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Knitting Stuff

Ok, I am finally posting my completed Butterfly Shrug which is being modeled my my lovely daughter. (Pardon the hearts) I have worn the shrug a couple of times and love how it wears. I am in the process of making a second shrug. I'll take a photo of it once it's completed.

Here she is posing so we can get a view on how it drapes on the side. She doesn't like the shrug herself, so this one will be all mine. If shrugs ever become the style at school, I have a feeling that I will lose this. So let's hope that it still stays "uncool".

To the right you see the "My So-Called Scarf.

This scarf was actually started numerous times. As evidenced by the frogged items shown to the left Just some of my failed attempts. Sorry I didn't take a picture of all the failed attempts either. I had to take the scarf to the Lake County Knit Together and Erica saved my scarf. I was prepared to take it off the needles and start all over. At the moment the scarf measures over 5ft. I just hold the scarf up and it's taller than me so I know it's 5ft at the moment. I am debating if I want to make it any longer. The lucky recipient of this scarf is my receptionist at my Weight Watchers meeting.

Here's a close up of the stitch pattern. This is knitted in with Cascade 220 Quatro. I absolutely love working with this yarn and this was the perfect yarn for this scarf in my opinion.

Last night I attempted to cast-on and start knitting a gorgeous Midwest Moonlight by Ivy Bigelow from the book Scarf Style. I have chosen to knit it in a gorgeous Cashmerino Aran from Debbie Bliss in a plum or wine color. I had gotten several rows done and dropped a stitch or two and proceeded to frog it. I really should have the camera handy and start taking photos of my work before I proceed to frog it. I figure this will take me several attempts before I finally get it right.

During lunch, I attempted to start a sock using the Magic Loop tecnique book. That didn't go too well. I frogged what I had done then too. I just couldn't get the stitches right and it didn't help that I was losing them off of the needles also.

OTH (On the hook) Butterfly Shrug

OTN (On the Needles) Nothing - tomorrow I cast-on again for the Midwest Moonlight Scarf. (Another Christmas present.)

No comments: