Thursday, March 03, 2005

Bump in the road

I don't know if you would classify this as a major bump in the road. My husband and I came home from work to find my son, my daughter and my son's girlfriend at home. He announces that her parents had kicked her out of the house. So she is staying the night. My husband had stipulated one night. It's the middle of winter where is this poor girl to go?? I am hoping that tomorrow she will be able to go back home. So I will spend the day worrying about her. She is a very sweet girl and I like her a lot. I keep thinking that if she were my daughter and something like that was happening to her that someone would take her in. Sometimes my husband can be unreasonable or maybe I have too soft of a heart. So now he is not talking to me. I had made the decision to allow her to stay the night without talking to him about it. What were we supposed to do turn her out in the cold in the middle of the night? Well tomorrow night Heather and I are going to Olive Garden for dinner. I am looking forward to it. I have been going online to take a look at the menu to see what I can eat. I like to be prepared when I go out for dinner. Planning will also help me with planning what I am going to eat all day. I still have to write down what I ate for dinner and my snack in my journal. I keep a journal of what I eat all day. I have been doing this for the past year. Although during the holidays I got away from journaling, at least I was able to maintain and did not gain any weight over the holidays. I haven't done any knitting today. Just haven't had the time. I'll probably end up going out and trying to find some yarn to knit myself a scarf to match my winter coat. I have to get back into the swing of things regarding my homework. I have two chapters to read for my auditing class and answer some questions for the class by Monday. Wednesday my working women class I have some reading to do for that class. Also have to work on the presentation that we have to do for the Global Women chapter that we have to read. I'll probably end up talking more about it as I start getting into the presentation. Well I am going to get back to the homework. Thought I would drop a line or two. Have a good night.

No comments: