Wednesday, March 02, 2005

First Post

Wow, my very first post. Coming up with a name was the hardest part of setting up the blog. I started my day by doing a bit of knitting. I am still learning how to knit and trying to find a pattern to make my very first project. I am thinking about doing a scarf for myself. I am always cold this winter. (I will explain more about that in a bit.) Then it was off to work I go for another 8+ hours. The day went by pretty fast and I accomplished my deadlines ahead of time. After work, I met my husband for dinner before heading off to class. I take a class on Wednesday's called Working Women. Tonight's topic was sexual harassment. It was an interesting class tonight. I am starting to do research for my final presentation. I am working with Lisa on it and we have decided to do it on a topic about how women do not really pursue math and sciences. Here's a bit of bio about myself. I am 39 years old and live in Kenosha, Wisconsin. I work full time and go to school part time. I should have my bachelor's degree in accounting hopefully in December. Only 6 more classes to go. I have lost over 60 pounds over the past year. I have been on Weight Watchers since Feb '04 and I am very successful. My starting weight was 193.8 pounds and I now weight 130.8 pounds. Only 2.8 pounds to go until I reach goal. Then it is another 20 pounds to lose for myself. I started out as a size 18. I now fit comfortably in a size 6 and am fast approaching a size 4. Sunday, I tried the 4's on, I can button and zip them up but I have some overhang. I have been surprised several times over by the number of people that have approached me about my weight loss at work and have told me that I have inspired them to lose weight. I didn't realize that how much that has meant to me. I had almost lost my motivation for losing weight over the holidays, but saw a picture of myself about 3 years ago. Now, I am more than ever determined to never look that way again. Well tomorrow it will be off to work and the gym for one of my workouts. I try to workout between 2 to 3 times a week. When I work out, I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then lift weights. I am starting to see that I have biceps! Well it's time for bed. Good night one and all. Thanks for reading my ramblings. Ana

No comments: