Thursday, August 31, 2006

Believe it or not?

I was reading the instructions in Knitting Rules for the Plain sock pattern, and realized that I should be knitting a 2x2 ribbing instead of 1x1. Ok, now this did bug me. So I'm sitting in a nice comfy chair and I'm knitting on my practice so-called sock, thinking to myself this should be done 2x2 and not 1x1 and guess what happened? Yep, I ended up with a knit stitch instead of a purl on one half of my round. So, I decided that I am going to go back and tink (big mistake). Well, I screwed it up again! Rather than frogging it to reuse the wool, I cut that baby loose. I should measure it to find out how far along I got. So... I casted-on yet again. I counted and re-counted the number of stitches on each side of the needle (good thing I did, one side was over and the other short). Back to knitting, I am not knitting 2x2 ribbing and liking the looks of it a lot better than I had previously done. Could this be the reason that I kept making all these mistakes, the so-called sock knew that it was the wrong pattern and decided to send me messages. Well it is finally clear, yes, you belong in 2x2 ribbing. Okay, how long before the next goof? Tonight I am going to Union Grove to work as a receptionist for Judy for her Thursday night meeting. I have my change fund ready, am I ready? Who knows, it's been awhile since I've worked as a receptionist. Hopefully, things will go swimmingly and there won't be any misadventures to tell about.

No comments: