Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I have a question??? Can anyone Help?

I have a question. I have the yarn, I have the pattern, now I have the needles that I am going to attempt to start with. Here is the question...when you first start knitting your socks, what do you do for your swatch? The pattern I am planning on doing is Knitty's Monkey Socks. 32 sts/48 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch and Lace Pattern = gauge instructions from the pattern. HELP! I want to start knitting but I want to make sure that I am doing this right.

3 comments:

Yoshimi said...

I would simply knit a plain straight 2 needle stocking stitch swatch. Your tension will be slightly different when knitting in the round, but this will be enough for sock, you only need to worry if you are way off.

Hope this helps.

Shannah said...

Like Yoshimi said, just cast on and knit 32 sts for 48 rows in stockinette. Check the size, and if it's not right then adjust. That's what I'd do!

Molly Bee said...

Thanks for asking this question! I've wondered as well!