Sunday, May 06, 2007

Yarn Check! Pattern Check! Pal Check!

Well it looks like i'm ready to start knitting. I picked the Monkey pattern from Cookie A that appears in Knitty Winter 2006. The yarn in from Lorna's Laces in the River colorway. My pal likes blues so I thought this would be a gorgeous colorway all knitted up. I find my yarn first and then decide on the pattern. The pattern was actually chosen upon my pal's sock size. I have only knit one pair of socks so this will be an adventure in knitting. I am unsure how to change the pattern to make it fit. It wasn't too hard to find a pattern that would fit her. Her sock size is definitely bigger than mine. Take a look at these gorgeous pictures of the yarn that I got for the Monkey socks.

I can't wait to see how these will turn out. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Lana said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Can I confess to coveting your yarn? It's so pretty! Hmmm...maybe I'll order a little yarn for my stash when I order yarn for my sock pal.

It looks like a challenging pattern that you've chosen. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Oh - I love it, love it, love it!!! So pretty. You have good taste in yarn.
-your secret pal. :)

Unknown said...

I hope you are making those for me. :) What gorgeous yarn, and such a cool pattern!

Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful yarn. Ditto what everyone else has said.

Stacie said...

The yarn is gorgeous! I shall have to find some for myself!

Liz said...

That's the pattern I'm using for my sockpal too... I just can't choose a yarn. So many choices... I like what you're going with :)

Thursday said...

That yarn is so beautiful. I love the colors so much.