Monday, August 13, 2007

I did it again

What did I do again? I frogged these socks. I am knitting the Uptown Boot Socks but the pattern isn't showing up with all the detail in the pattern. I am going to order some more yarn from The Loopy Ewe in hopes that it will show up. If it doesn't than I was not meant to knit that sock. The yarn is Claudias Handpainted in the Peppermint Mocha colorway. The sock no longers exists, it had a visit to the frog pond this afternoon. I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough yarn to finish the sock.

1 comment:

inukshuk71 said...

It's very hard to make a pattern show with variegated or stripped yarn. If I may make a suggestion, perhaps you should make the sock in one colour, and use the second colour as an accent only. When I make my Gryffyndor socks, they will be red, excepr for one yellow stripe at the top, and the heel and toe are also going to be yellow. That way the pattern on the leg and foot will show perfectly.