Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Always catching up

Well it's been two weeks since my last entry. I should really be making more and also adding some photos. Knitting stuff first, I attended my first Lake County Knit Together on the 3rd and had a lot of fun. I am planning on attending this Thursday and bringing my daughter with me. I guess that I am secretly hoping that she will get addicted to knitting. I finished the dishcloth that I was knitting at the knit together with no problem at all except one. I have a little loop in the corner. I used P&C peppermint. I was half way done with the washcloth by the time I left the knit together. I had started and completed two Mason Dixon warshrags. I used a purple and a varigated purple. I used S&C for those. On the last one that I did, I somehow messed up and reversed the pattern. I didn't notice it until after I had all ready binded off. My DD was going to do dishes and I had asked her if she would like to use one of the dishcloths that I had knitted and she said yes! She fell in love with it right away and is hooked. I gave her the last dishcloth that I had made which had that lovely mistake in it. Sometime during making the warshrags, I had decided to start my Booga bag. I am knitting that using Noro Kureyon #40. Well I got the bottom rectangle done and promptly got stuck. How do I pick up stitches all around the bag? Well I started to ask around and found a post on Knitters Review Forum and found a post about a Booga bag that someone was talking about. Well I got the answer that I was looking for and continued onward with the Booga Bag. The Booga Bag is OTN right now. I am almost done with the bag and getting ready to do the i-cord. I already have dreams of the next Booga Bag. I can not believe how simple they are to make. DD saw the bag last night and said that it was so cool. DD is only 13 so that is the ultimate compliment. I am all ready starting to think about my next project. My thoughts are to attempt to do some socks. I have a size 0 40 inch addi turbo circular to learn how to do the magic loop method. I got some sock yarn that isn't too expensive. I ordered a few things from Knitpicks last Monday and received the order on Friday. I kind of surprised myself and didn't rip into the box right away to check out all the goodies. I waited until almost bedtime and then played with the Options Needle set that I had ordered. I had also ordered some Crayon yarn in a beautiful azure color to make a sweater (another future endeavor). I checked to make sure that the cables fit into the joins correctly. It is a nice set and the binder that came with it is absolutely gorgeous. I am going to have to order more pages though so I can keep my Addi's in there also. On the Weight Watcher front, last week I did a total of 4 meetings. My trainer showed up at my meeting on Saturday. The meeting went fairly well, although I do have a few things to work on. I got told to lose my notes that I use during the meeting. I had all ready decided to do that. She said that it's okay to have a few but not to solely rely on them which I had been doing. Sunday's meeting went very well. I did approximately 95% of the meeting without using notes. The numbers for that meeting are not doing very well. My thoughts are that I was competing with State Fair and the weather. I am hoping that they start climbing again. If they don't, I might just get removed from the meeting. From what Laura says though, this happens everytime during this time frame. On a brighter note, Deb sent out her FYI newsletter and Laura and I were the number one team in sales for the area out of all the other center locations. I knew that we would be. We had over 13 dollars per paid attendance. Today I am doing 3 meetings in a row. I am subbing for two different leaders. I'll probably be wiped out when I am done with them. I out did myself exercising yesterday and boy do I feel it. Yesterday, I ended up walking for one minute at 3mph then bumped it up to 3.5mph for another minute. Then I jogged at a speed of 4mph for a total of 30 minutes which was 2 miles. That is the longest time or distance that I have ran in a very long time. I am going to stay at that speed and time for about a month and then I am going to start bumping the speed up. DH picked up DD to go to the gym with us. They were all ready on the treadmills when I got there. It was kind of funny running on a treadmill next to her. They of course were done long before I was. After we got done running, she kept asking me what I was going to do next and I didn't know. She wanted to try the stairmaster so I did it with her. We both did about 5 minutes I forgot which level I picked, but it sure kicked my butt. I am certainly feeling it in my hamstrings this morning. Another challenge! That's it for now. I will somehow find the time to get some pictures of my work and post them. This blog kind of seems bleh without them.

No comments: