Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tangled Mess

Another week has gone by, and what a week that it has been! Last week Tuesday, I ended up leaving work early and did three Weight Watcher meetings in a row. Never again am I going to do that. By the third meeting, my tongue was running away with my mouth! I lost all the questions that I wanted to ask. Remember, I had all ready done two meetings previously so that meeting should have been a piece of cake, right? Wrong! The last group just sat there looking at me like I had grown a tail, horns or something! Then to top it all off there were three women that were off to my right, all related, and they started whispering and the next thing I know they are getting up and walking out. Made me think, was it something I said? So, I trudged on and finished the meeting and then vowed that I am never doing three meetings again on a day that I have to work at my full-time job. Thursday night, I had to go home and pick up my daughter and get her registered for middle school. That ran a whopping $96 (ouch). After that, she decided that she was going to go to the Kenosha County Fair with her friend. I went to the Lake County Knitting Meet-up. I had a lot of fun at that meeting. I was working on the I-cord for my Booga Bag. Which by the way is now completely knitted. I just need to do the felting now for it. I bought the zippered pillow case this weekend. Now, I just need a couple of pair of jeans to throw in with the bag. Those are going to be some clean jeans by the time I get done with the bag. I'm kind of afraid to throw the bag in with the jeans. The instructions are for hot water, so just how bad will the jeans shrink from the hot water? Guess that's a question for the Knitter's Review Forum. Friday, I ended up going into work at about 1:30. My son is now registered for school. He is taking four classes for a total of 8 credits. I just hope that he does well in school and enjoys himself. Saturday's Weight Watcher meeting, attendance was down by 50% and only two people stayed for the meeting, both were men. So we had a very productive meeting. I enjoyed myself a lot. Saturday, while my son and I were at the bank cashing in his savings bonds for school, I ran into one of the woman that had left the meeting early and I couldn't resist asking her if it was something that I said that had caused her to leave the meeting early. She said that it wasn't. That was a huge relief. Although, she is not going to be at this week's meeting. I am so happy that I ran into her otherwise, I would have been thinking that it was something that I had said to make her leave the meeting. Sunday's meeting went a lot better. Membership was up a bit and we actually had more than two people stay for the meeting. I am worried about the attendance, I sure hope that it starts to go back up otherwise I am going to lose these meetings. Yesterday, I took a vacation day. The morning was nice, no one was home. So the night before I had started a washcloth using a Lion Brand pattern and some Italian Cotton yarn. I am loving the feel of this yarn. I had got it on clearance at the Loop Yarn in Milwaukee for $3 a skein. I bought the remainder of a certain color now I wish I would have gotten more. Well, I had noticed a mistake and tried to rip out a few rows. When I came time to put the needle back on I began to have problems. So I thought ok, no problem I'll just frog the whole thing and rewind the ball of yarn on my new ball winder. I had originally done the skein that way. Well this is where the all the fun begins. Some how I managed to get it in one big tangled mess. I swear I worked on that mess for about 2 hours. Well one way wasn't working so I decided to start on the other end. I began winding the yarn around my completed work. Then I got to one big huge knot that I couldn't get out. Well at this point, I was getting hungry so my daughter and I went to Subway for lunch and to Kohls and Walmart for shopping. During this time away from the tangled monstrosity I had decided that I am going to simply cut the mangled blob and rewind what I had all ready saved and see how far that gets me on a new washrag/dishcloth. Even rewinding was an interesting experience. I wasn't using the tension guide and the yarn was winding wrong. Once I figured the correct way then it went a whole lot better. So, I casted on again and knock on wood things are going well. I also managed to get laundry finished yesterday. Still have to put away my clothes. I also started cleaning up the livingroom and diningroom. I don't know if hubby was in shock or not by the work I was doing. I had completely forgotten that it was my week to do laundry until hubby asked me Sunday afternoon if I was planning on finishing laundry any time soon. I was so happy that I had the day off yesterday! Watched my favorite show last night, it was the finale, Treasure Hunters. I would have never thought that the The Geniuses would have won. The finale was a good show, a lot of laughs. Well now that you're up to date. I'm doing two meetings tonight after work. More later.

No comments: