Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happenings

It's been a week since my last post. Where to begin. Thursday I did make it to the gym again. I my upper body workout. I was able to lift the weights that I normally lift; which totally surprised me. It was a good surprise. After the upper body workout, I decided that I would attempt to do some cardio. That turned out to be a bigger surprise. I jumped on a treadmill (well not exactly jump) and started walking. I forgot what I started at I ended up walking for about 3 minutes and decided to bump the speed up to 4 mph. Usually at this speed I'm doing a fast walk, well I decided that I was going to run. It took a little bit but I finally got in a good rhythm thanks to one of my play lists. When I was doing the Body for Life routine, I would only be able to run for a couple of minutes (4 at the most). Well I ended up running for 10 minutes. I finished by walking I forgot the speed. I was very pleased with my workout but ended up being sore. Saturday's meeting went very well. I put the chairs in a circle. The group was very surprised by the configuration. I think they were even more surprised when I sat down in the group with them. It was a very intimate setting. The conversation just flowed from there. I was very happy with the meeting. I got home from my meeting and decided that I was going to pull weeds. It was hot outside, a little bit too hot to be pulling weeds. I couldn't help it though. I got tired of looking at all the weeds that run the length of the house and getting out of my car and getting attacked by fuzzies. Nothing like wearing black pants and having fuzzies all over the place. The afternoon, I spent in the beauty salon. I got my hair cut and foiled. I can't believe how short my hair is now and how dark. It looks good, but it is something that I am going to have to get used to. The curl just wasn't laying right and add the humidity in there and I've got a problem. Sunday, I ended up going early for my meeting. The meeting totally flopped. I was not happy with it at all. I am in the process of re-working it for tomorrow night. I am pretty much going to keep the questions the same but rather than using a train theme I am going to use dancing instead. I think the problem is that people really can't relate to trains and train trips. Yesterday, after work it was time to hit the gym. After I got of work though I couldn't believe the heat. It felt kind of good but nothing that I would want to stay outside in for too long. I decided that I was just going to run yesterday and that is what I did. So I hopped on the treadmill, pushed quick start and started out at 3 mph after one minute bumped it up to 3.5 mph after another minute went to 4 and there I stayed for awhile. I had decided in my mind that I was going to see how I felt after 10 minutes if I wanted to continue on. Ten minutes came and I decided that I was going to continue for a total of 15 minutes (including walking time.) 15 minutes came and I was close to running a mile, so I decided that I wanted to go for it. Well I did it, I ran for a mile. I ended up walking and running for a total of 22 minutes.

No comments: