Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ana and the Magic Loop

I tried during lunch to learn the magic loop method for knitting socks but struck failure. Yesterday was sort of a non-knitting kind of day. I ended up having paperwork all over the diningroom table. I had to fix the tally from Sunday's meeting. We were $19 over and my receptionist and I figured out what was missing. A lifetime member for $10 weekly fee that bought two boxes of bars. So I fixed the tally and talked to my receptionist to let her in on the scoop of what I was doing. I got the tally all filled out and now all it needs is just her signature and I can send it off. My darling daughter is still having her adventures in knitting. The thing that she is knitting ended up increasing like you wouldn't believe. At some point she decided that she was simply going to start over. I believe this where she ended up dropping several stitches and in her frustration decided to frog the thing. She also decided that she wanted different yarn. I will give up my acrylic for her but she is not touching the good stuff. Well we ended up finding some Red Heart Kids yarn in some bright rainbow colors. So yet I casted on some more for her. I knitted the first row and a half for and sent her on her merry way. About this time, I decided that I was going to learn how to the magic loop method for knitting socks. I went to knittinghelp.com to see the video for learning this method. I did learn how to do the magic loop method. When I first started the loop I ended up knitting the stitches well I forgot that I was supposed to do knit one purl one for the ribbing for the cuff. So I tinked the first few stitches and then continued on. Somehow this morning when I was counting the stitches I ended up with a couple of extra stitches so I ended up frogging it this morning. I casted-on again and I am going to start again during lunch. I only have one ball of yarn in this colorway and should go back to the Loop Yarn to pick up another ball for the second sock. I am knitting this without checking gauge, I figure that the sock will end up fitting someone once I'm done. At least there was no tangled blob to deal with last night. I still need to cast on for My So Called Scarf. My Knit Picks order should be coming today, so now I'll have the needles to do the buttonhole bag that I want to knit. I also need to felt my Booga Bag. Pictures should be coming soon!

No comments: