Thursday, August 24, 2006

Decisions and Rain

So, don't go into shock, two posts in one week, what is this world coming to! I finished the Italian cotton dish/wash cloth. It isn't as big as I would have liked it to be but it'll do. Remember the tangled mess? Well the yarn that I threw away from the blob would have made this bigger. Oh well, it still looks real pretty. One of these days I am going to have to take a picture and post it on here so you can see everything I have completed. With the exception of the one dishcloth that I gave my mom, which she still has to use. I stayed up last night to finish this, needless to say I am very happy with the finished results. I still have to weave in the two ends but I consider this pretty much done. Before, I settled in to complete my dish/washcloth I had to make a decision, if I didn't find my next project I was going to have nothing to do at the next Knit together that I am attending tonight. So the decision and quest was on....WHAT TO KNIT NEXT? I remember about some Lion Print Wool that I had bought and thought about these cute Buttonhole Bags that I had seen. My thoughts, perfect this will be my next project. But where had I seen the bag? I pulled my Mason Dixon book to start there, no bag. Next came the Stitch 'N Bitch book could it be there? No Buttonhole bag in that book. I remembered that it had to be Mason Dixon, so it was time to do a search on the internet. Googled buttonhole bag and hit pay dirt. The pattern is on the Mason Dixon website. Would have to wait until morning when I get to work to print it up. Started taking a look at the supply list, 3 skeins of wool, sure hope I have that. Now where did I stash the wool, oh yes, the basement. I trekked downstairs found the Lion Brand Incredible for the ribbon tank that I want to make, that bag can come upstairs. Found the stitch savers I had bought and thought about finding, snagged those to bring up also. I found the wool, 3 skeins I'm in luck. Ok, next item size 15 circulars....hmmmm I wonder to what size the Knit Picks Options set goes to? Size 11, could I do the bag in 11 instead of 15? Might be small, but could try and could always frog it if it's too small. Ok, time to wind the wool. I wound all three skeins, the last two wound look a lot better than the first but hey, I'm learning. Time to pack the knitting bag for tomorrow. I was going to bring the Incredible yarn but decided against it. I decided at while I was pulling the patterns out to bring a couple of skeins of the Knit Picks Pima Cotton and the Sisu Fantasy Sock yarn with me. I put the Options set in my bag and went through the folder with my patterns and pulled out a couple to bring with. Knitting bag is packed and ready to go. Time to finish that Italian wash/dishcloth. I also finished reading the book that I started. Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich. About 2 this morning there was a loud boom, and the power went briefly out. It poured like you wouldn't believe. Normally I sleep through all this activity but not this time. This morning, I made my lunch and wound the two skeins of the Knit Picks Pima Cotton to take with me tonight. I have decided that I am going to cast-on the Lacy Edge Tee in a pretty azure color and work on that tonight. I placed an order to Knit Picks for the remaining larger needles that I need/want, a couple more cables and a pattern for a dishcloth, dish towel and mitt and a few skeins of yarn to play with. This morning, I forgot a book to read and my computer for while I wait at Panera for 7 to come after work. So it looks like a trip to the bookstore for a good book to read. Hmmmm, maybe I'll get the book by Geneen Roth. If you eat out of the refrigerator, pull up a chair. Otherwise, it will be a long wait. It's supposed to rain all day today. I got a good lightning show on the way in. One girl here said that the radio said that there were over 2,000 lightning strikes. I forgot in what time frame.

No comments: