Thursday, August 31, 2006

Magic Loop Lists

Well I did figure out how to do the Magic Loop, but kept running into problems. 1. Not enough stitches on the needle. (You would think that I would know how to count before I start stitching. 2. Needle kept slipping out of the stitches. (For the life of me, I could not manage to put the tiny stitches back on the needle. 3. The two sides decided to join together to make one big loop. (I couldn't figure out where I had started from.) 4. I dropped a stitch but kept going and going. This is what I have decided: 1. This is just practice, no need to be perfect. 2. I am not going to let this drive me crazy. 3. If this actually looks like a sock, then I am going to do the snoopy dance. 4. If this actually gets finished, then see the second part of #3. 5. If I actually finish this and it fits, then see the second part of #3. 6. Even though this is driving me crazy, I am enjoying sock knitting. 7. I will cast-on for another sock. 8. Hubby will get a pair of hand knit socks. He told me last night some nice thick ones to keep his feet warm. 9. This practice sock is not going to kick my a**. 10. Yep, I'm definitely hooked (on socks that is). Can I do the Snoopy dance now? On to the Magic Loop tale: Well I do have my practice sock OTN. I did make a mistake but just kept knitting. I dropped a stitch. For the life of me I could not figure where that little loop went. So I somehow just picked it up and continued on. Well guess what? I figured out where that loop went, on the last stitch of the round I had just completed. So, I had to figure out a way to add another stitch on to my sock and keep going. I had thought about frogging the thing again, but decided against it. I figured out how to work it all in and that is when I decided that this is my practice sock! By the way, I am doing the pattern from Knit Rules By the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I have about an inch knitted in 1x1 ribbing.

No comments: