Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Can't Decide

I couldn't decide what to title this post, so I decided to title it can't decide. Today was an interesting day. It snowed for most of the day but the drive home was a lot better than I had originally thought. The decision was made to cancel both meetings at WH today. I couldn't tell what the weather was like. On my way to put the sign up saying the meeting was cancelled, I kept thinking why are we cancelling this meeting, there isn't any snow on the ground to cause major problems. So I did the meeting by myself. Not a lot of people showed up. I had been waiting for my Malabrigo to show up so I can continue my ISE4 scarf. The Malabrigo showed up on Monday. I haven't wound it up but I am not sure how the Violetas is going to match up. I am hoping that the Holly Hock will help it to match. Time will tell. I'll have to knit it up and see how the color matches up. If it doesn't match up, it looks like it will be back to the drawing board. This time I think that I will find new yarn and new pattern. Today I decided to sign up for Sockapalooza4. I'm pretty excited about it. I figure that I can knit the pair of socks up while I'm on the trip to DC. I was apprehensive about signing up for it, since technically I haven't knitted up a complete pair of socks on my own but I figured I would give it a try. I will have until August 2nd to get the socks knitted up. I can talk about how the socks made a half country cross country trip. I am hoping for an international partner. We should be getting the names of our partners pretty soon. I kind of have all ready decided on a pattern. I am thinking about knitting the Undulating Rib Socks from the Favorite Socks book from Interweave. On other news, I knit one sock this weekend from Knitting Pure & Simple Beginner's Light Weight Socks. I am working on the gussett for the second sock. I am hoping to get that sock finished by Saturday. I need to start working on the ISE4 scarf again. Saturday I am taking another class at Fiddlehead Yarns. This time I am taking another sweater class knitted from the top down. I have chosen to knit it in Cascade's Sierra Quatro. I did my swatch and so I am almost ready to go. I just need to get the smaller size needles set up. Time to go knit and work on my sock. I'm bound and determined to get that second sock done so I can have my first pair of socks completed!

No comments: