Monday, April 02, 2007

FO Alert!

This weekend was a semi-productive weekend on the the knitting front. I finished the Sven Sveater. I didn't block it yet but it is done. I finished kitchenering the underarms and burying all the lose ends. Once the sweater had no long strands of yarn hanging from it, It is very attractive. I know the last picture posted of the sweater was just the start of one of the sleeves. Photos to be posted sometime in the near future. I ended up going to Milwaukee to the Bayview area and visiting the The Loop Yarn shop.. They had a gorgeous colorway that would have fit my ISE4 pal's color preferences perfectly. I did end up buying 2 skeins of Malabrigo in the Holly Hock and Violetas colorways. I am knitting the 2 colors together. It is forming a nice thick scarf which should be warm for her during the winter months. It is also wider than the one single strand of Manos that I had been knitting. I am just hoping that I have enough to knit a 60 inch scarf along with the fringe. If not I am going to be checking at Fiddleheads and seeing if Mindy has any of those colors in stock otherwise it will have to be ordered online. The Malabrigo is definitely softer than the Manos del Uruguay. I am trying to decide what I want to do with the Manos. I might just frog the scarf that I have started and send the 2 skeins to my pal. I believe that I have about a foot knitted so far. I am supposed to do a progress post on ISE4. I was going to post with photos but I think that gmail has given away my identity. So I am just going to do a text post and also not post any photos here of my scarf. I wouldn't want to give the surprise away, just in case she is reading my blog.

No comments: