Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hodge Podge

Today's is going to be a little bit about everything. I couldn't decided what I wanted to talk about. I received an email this morning from statcounter with the stats from the people visiting my blog. It showed 0. Well I know that can't be true because Tonni left me a comment just the other day about winning on her blog. So what gives? If you're out there and reading this, please leave me a comment, just so I know someone's out there. Yesterday, it felt a bit like Christmas when I got home from work. I got not one but two packages in the mail. The first one contained two skeins of Socks That Rock in the Watermelon Tourmaline and Henpecked colorways. Both socks are simply gorgeous. The second was a box from Woolgirl that contained one skein of Yarn Pirates Koi colorway. Jen also threw in a handwritten card thanking me for my purchase and a lovely sheep stitchmarker. I wish I would have remembered to have grabbed my camera to take a picture of the packaging before I tore into everything. That was an extremely pleasant and unexpected surprise. I'll definitely order from them again. The shipping was awesome also. I ordered the yarn on Friday and received it on Monday! In the mail, I also received my Weight Watchers magazine and a notice that something is waiting for me at the post office. Interesting the notice does not say if it is a letter or package and where it is from. I am hoping to go to the post office tonight after work to see if they have the package/letter there. My DD just happened to have seen the package, asked what it was, when she was told yarn, she then proceeded to tell me that I needed to quit buying yarn. I guess according to her I have enough sock yarn and need to go on a yarn diet. But didn't I read somewhere, oh yeah, at The Loopy Ewe that Sock Yarn Doesn't Count As Stash. I guess I'll have to pull up that button and show it to her. I did present DD with her pair of socks. We got photos which I have to upload to my computer and post later on. (Seems like I am always saying that.) On the knitting front I am just having a hard time deciding which project to work on. I'm working on Nina's Scarf and Knitting Pure & Simple's Ladies T Shirt Henley. I want to get as far as I can for my class at Fiddlehead's on Saturday. I am almost to the point where I am getting ready to join the sweater so I can start knitting in the round. That should make the knitting go much faster. At the moment, I am knitting one row and the having to purl back. Purling does take so much more time. My scarf is coming along quite nicely. I have gotten about 10 repeats done. Once I am able to work on it more often it should grow by leaps and bounds. Yesterday, was the first time in quite a few weeks that I was able to make it to the gym for a work out. I can tell that I am getting further out of shape. I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill and did 10 minutes on the machine that resembles an escalator. Maybe I'm not so bad. The big question is Will I be ready to handle all that walking in Washington DC next month? Tonight is the third meeting out of four for covering all we need to know about DC for the eigth grade field trip. I am trying so desparately not to do a search for yarn shops around the DC area. By the time I get any free time the yarn shops will be closed. I could always warn the teacher chaperone that I will be with, if we see a yarn shop I have to stop, I need a souvenir skein from the trip. I am still trying to figure what I am going to take with me on the trip. I'll make a list a bit later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ana,

Well here's one hit on your blog anyway!

Would you like me to look at your visitor issue?

The visit you mentioned may not have been logged for a number of reasons.

Drop me a line to jenni AT statcounter DOT com and I'll see what I can do.

Jenni
StatCounter Team

Emma said...

I think this is the first time I have visited your blog, but can I just say, the sock yarns you go in the mail sound lovely! And yeah, they don't count as stash. Show your daughter the rules!

emicat said...

Hi Ana! This is your Domesticat letter swap pal from WA state. Just wanted to delurk and say that I have visited your blog a few times already, so the stat count isn't reflecting my visits. Btw, my letter back to you is on its way :)

Anonymous said...

I'm still checking in everyday, so that statcounter thing-y is wrong, wrong, wrong!

Tonni said...

I'm wondering if the package waiting for you at the post office is from me :)