Monday, April 16, 2007

ISE4 & Top-Down

Saturday's knitting class at Fiddlehead's went very well. I got my sweater started and have a lot of knitting to do before Saturday's class. I got the impression that my knitting skills were a little bit above most others in the class. I really like this group in the class. I seem to hit it off with them a lot more than the other classes I have taken. In other words, I am talking more. I am absolutely loving the yarn that I am using for my top-down sweater. Let's see if I feel the same way after I have completed my sweater. I still need to go out and purchase buttons for my sweater. Next week, we are supposed to have a swatch done so we can do button holes. I purchased dpns and smaller circulars so I can complete the sweater. I brought my ISE4 scarf in to show Mindy how I am progressing and the dilema that I am facing. Once I got the Malabrigo wound up, there was such a difference in the Violetas that there is no way that I could continue that scarf and send it off to my pal. So it was back to the drawing board. I did have a pattern in mind. I had found a post that someone had did for a previous post for Nina's scarf. What I did not like originally about the scarf was that it had a keyhole, where you can put the end of the scarf through it. So I decided that I was going to do the scarf without the keyholes. Now, I was on a mission to find the perfect yarn once again for my pals scarf. I got lucky, I found some Malabrigo in the absolute perfect colorway for my pal. I bought two skeins which I am figuring should be enough. I had Mindy wind up both hanks at the shop and instantly fell in love with the colors. Definitely the right yarn. I had such a hard time this weekend deciding exactly what I was going to knit. I want to get as far as I can on the sweater by Saturday, but I wanted to cast-on for the scarf. Last night, I finally did it. I cast on for the scarf. I followed the patterns directions and didn't like how wide it was. So I decreased the pattern by 20 stitches, using size 7 needles and it is simply gorgeous. I am not going to post any pictures until after my pal receives her scarf. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for her, just in case she happened to have figured out who I am . The pattern is very easy to memorize so, it should be a very quick knit. I also should have enough Malabrigo to complete the project. I am thinking that I may just knit until I run out of yarn. So this is the third attempt at my pals scarf. Do you think that maybe everything was all wrong and something was steering me towards this scarf and wool? What I am going to do with the other two scarves that are WIPs, well frog them of course! I am going to re-skein all the wool. I may just send some of the wool to my pal! Hope she doesn't mind the slightly used wool. I might just take pictures of all three scarves and post a picture and that says, which one is going to my pal? Would be interesting to see which one everyone guesses.

No comments: