Thursday, April 19, 2007

What a 100 Calorie Pack Snack a Day Can Do To You

We all have had them, those 100 Calorie Packs that are every where. More and more are popping up all over the place. Are they good for you? Yes, if you use them in moderation and don't over indulge. I follow Weight Watchers so yes they have to be counted. They can be anywhere from 1 to 3 points per package. So what can that one 100 Calorie Pack do to you? Let's say you're on Weight Watchers and you have counted them in your points allowance. That one 100 calorie pack a day over 365 days in one year will amount to 36,500 calories in one year. Now translate that into pounds, it takes 3,500 calories to make up 1 pound. So that one pack a day habit could translate into almost a 10.5 pounds a year weight gain. For me I would need to walk on a treadmill for over 20 minutes at a moderate level to just burn off one of those 100 calorie packs. I forgot to mention this in my last nights meeting, so thought that I would add it in here.

No comments: