Friday, April 06, 2007

Rip It, Rip It and Yarn

Well I got notification that the order I placed with Yarnzilla is now shipped and will be delivered on Monday. Until then I need to find something to knit. I went upstairs to our extra bedroom and emptied out the two bins of acrylic yarn that I had stored. They are now in garbage bags and are going to go to my Mom's house. I also brought all my sock yarn up from the basement and put them in that room also. I gave DD all my fun fur type of yarn. She had me cast on for a skinny scarf for her. Well in deciding what I should knit next, I thought that I would get my Midwest Moonlight Scarf out. I couldn't figure out where I ended so I ended up frogging it and re-winding the yarn. Then I picked up the Lady E, and had a hard time with the end triangle. Well I wasn't going to frog the Lady E so she just got put away for the time being. So next came the sock, well I wasn't too happy with the way that it was looking and there is no way that I was going to have enough yarn to complete a pair of socks, so I frogged that also. I am attempting to cast-on for another sock. I keep ending up one stitch short. But at least I am going to get a lot of practicing joining in the round. Earlier today DD and I went to Whitefish Bay Wisconsin to visit Ruhamas. It is an awesome yarn shop. They were very helpful and I ended up walking out with a haul of yarn. I got some Koigu KPPM, Mountain colors, Schaefer Anne, Claudia's Handpainted Yarns and Jitterbug. DD picked out two skeins of yarn for herself I forgot the name of them I had looked at some lace but I wasn't quite sure. I think that I am going to order the lace from Knit Picks so it won't be too expensive. I owe some pictures of the haul. Battery's almost dead and it's time to attempt to cast-on for that sock again.

No comments: