Sunday, March 25, 2007

Almost Finished

I am almost finished with the Sven Sveater. Tonight I casted off the sweater. I had a hard time knitting the 2x2 ribbing using my circular needles. Halfway through the ribbing I got my dpns and put the sweater back on them. Once I did that things went a whole lot better. The neckline looks pretty good. I only did 2 inches of ribbing instead of the three and folding it over. Now, I have to kitchener the stitches that are on the stitch holders on the underarms. I also have to bury all the loose yarn ends and tighten up the stitches when I was doing the two color knitting. I'll take some photos of my progress so far and also of the inside of the sweater. Tomorrow the Manos del Uruguay should arrive by post. I can't wait to see and feel it. I'm going to have DD help me wind the hanks. After I get done publishing this post, I'm going to pull DD's sock out and knit a few rounds. The sock will be going with me to work so I can continue to work on it during lunch. Did I happen to mention that I measured for my gauge and I was right on the money. I was a bit worried that I wasn't going to get gauge because I really didn't feel like frogging what I had knitted so far. DH and I are discussing our mini vacation. We're talking about going to Indiana Amish country in June. Also, I need to start getting ready for my trip to DC with my DD's eighth grade class. Tuesday night starts the chaperone DC meetings. Stay tuned.

No comments: