Friday, March 16, 2007

What a Day...

What a day I had yesterday. Yesterday was the deadline for the scholarship program here at work. I had given DS a check the night before to go to GTC to get his transcripts but then found out that we really didn't need the transcripts just a copy from the computer would be good enough. I tried all morning to get a hold of him. Finally, he did end up calling me back. I decided to take a half day off from work, I need to get that along with the first two pages of our tax return in the mail with yesterday's postmark. Once that got done, I decided to stop in and see Mindy at Fiddlehead Yarns to sign up for a sweater class next month. The sweater is to be knit from the neck down. I picked out the pattern and then was debating about the yarn. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on yarn for the sweater. I couldn't decide between an orange and a lapis blue in the cotton fleece from Brown Sheep but instead went with this colorway from Cascade. I'll post the picture of the yarn as soon as I get the hanks wound from Mindy tomorrow. I did make a mistake in calculating the number of skeins that I needed and quickly called Mindy to hold two more skeins. After that I spent the rest of the afternoon knitting the Sven Sveater and listening to a new podcast that I uncovered while reading Sheri's blog. Lime and Violet are so much fun to listen to. Although, I want a visual picture of just how big their yarn stashes are. I might need it in the future, especially if DH ever starts complaining about the amount of yarn I have. That reminds me, I need to gather up my itchy, scratchy acrylic yarns for a trip to my Mom's house. She graciously said that she would take that stash. So, that makes my stash at the moment a lot smaller and I do mean a whole lot smaller. I've been looking at the brochure that I recieved about all the classes at Stitches Midwest which is in August. There are numerous classes that I would love to take but I am not sure if I want to spend $85 a class (non-early bird price). I think I'll just save all my money for the Market. I am debating about bringing DH with me again. The first time I went which was back in 2005 he tagged along with me. If he were to come this time, I don't think he would realize just exactly what he is in store for. I forgot to mention, that when I checked the mail yesterday, my one skein of Socks That Rock (STR) was sitting in the mailbox. I was so excited to finally get them. I ordered the Rocktober colorway. Eventually they will become a pair of sock but for now, they will just be petted and fondled every now and again. I had told DD that I would go to Washington DC with her 8th grade class this year. Here it is mid-March and they have yet to announce who the chaperone's are. I am seriously considering not going. Let her have fun without Mom around and also Mom really can't afford the cost of the trip plus the spending money. Mom has instead been spending the money on yarn, yarn, knitting books and of course sock yarn. Besides they are requiring so many classes ahead of time that I'm not sure if I would be able to get off from my WW meetings to attend these meetings regarding the trip.

No comments: