Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Do I or Don't I?

Do I or Don't I cast-on the Claudia Handpainted Yarns in the Freesia colorway for DD's socks? I am doing all I can to not cast-on the pair of socks. I'm progressing nicely on the Sven Sveter. I am just about done with the first sleeve, a few more rows and I should be able to place it on my knit picks cables and put the ends on them. Sharon from the International Scarf Exchange closed the enrollment for participation. She is taking the next week to make the matches. I can't wait to see who I am going to be matched up with. That is part of the reason why I am not casting on for the socks. I'll be picking the yarn and the pattern for my swap partner in the exchange. It'll be the first exchange that I'll be participating in. I got a pleasant surprise on Monday from my Stitch N Bitch calendar. Every Monday a fave fiber is featured. This past Monday Socks That Rock was featured. The fibers are sent by people all over the country. Well the place that the person was from caught my eye, which just happened to be Kenosha and then I looked at the name of the person and that person just happened to be Mindy, the owner of my LYS. I sent an email to Mindy telling her I saw it. Yesterday was totally fun. Sheri over at The Loopy Ewe put up a lot of new sock yarn and other goodies. It was fun shopping and trying to get some yarn before it disappeared out of my cart. I did manage to get some really cute stitch markers and some yarn from Perchance to Knit. I ordered some more Claudia's Hand Painted and some Cherry Tree Hill along with a couple of sock patterns. One more order and I become a Loopy Groupie! Yay! I can't wait to get the yarn. Look for a post with pictures of my haul in a couple of days. I also ordered some Socks that Rock from Blue Moon Fiber in the Rocktober colorway. Also coming in the mail is an magazine from Interweave that has the Central Park Hoodie in it. Two of the girls in my sweater class made it from the last class and I absolutely love it. I want to make my own. I am definitely going to be looking forward to the mail in the next couple of days. I can't wait for it all to get here!

No comments: