Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sven Update

I made a trip to Fiddlehead Yarns this morning and got some help from Nan with my sweater. She sat down and helped me with my short rows. It really helped to have her read the pattern to me. It's amazing how having someone read the pattern to you can make it click versus reading it over and over in your mind. I have just completed all the short rows and ready to take a measurement to see if I can do the final decrease and then the neck. Then I get to tighten up and bury the yarn ends that are hanging all over the place. Hard to believe that it is almost complete, I figure that I can get maybe one or two days wear out of the sweater before the warmer weather hits. Today was simply gorgeous a bit foggy in the morning but warmer. I am ready for the warmth. I have gotten some progress done on the sock that I have casted on. I'm knitting it in Claudia's Handpainted yarn in the Freesia colorway using the Knitting Pure N Simple Basic Lightweight Socks. There are a couple of added design features here and there but otherwise it's pretty good. I casted on with size 3 dpns to get the gauge they required. The pattern called for Size 2. I have found out that if I go up a needle size that I can usually get gauge on the first attempt. I am amazed at how fast these are knitting up. Photos to come in a couple of days. I placed an order yesterday from Jimmy Beans Wool for some Manos Del Uruguay in the violets colorway. This is the yarn that I have picked for the International Scarf Exchange 4 that I am participating in. I am very anxious to get started. My thoughts are that the pattern I picked from Mag Knits the Short Rib Scarf will look totally awesome in the variegated purples. I'll post photos once I get some progress done on the scarf. I figure the yarn should arrive on Monday. I am going to borrow DD's arms to help me wind the hanks. I am also hoping not to have any big blob messes that like I have mentioned in my previous posts.

No comments: