Friday, March 23, 2007

Still Sick but Knitting

Well I'm still sick but I'm functional. I've gotten a lot of knitting done over the past couple of days. The Sven Sveater at the moment is on hiatus. I'm waiting for tomorrow so I can take in to Fiddlehead Yarns tomorrow so Nan can help me understand the short rows. Yes, short rows are kicking my butt. It's kind of funny how the short rows are kicking my butt, because the pattern that I chose for my scarf in the International Scarf Exchange is Mag Knits Short Row Rib. From reading the pattern that reminds me more of Enterlac more than anything. Speaking of Enterlac, today's pattern in the Stitch N Bitch calendar is an Enterlac Pouch. It is too cute. I might just have to make one. Well I'm heading to Gladys Street tonight to check out her selection of yarn. I really haven't thought of anything but Manos of Uruguay for this scarf. What I really want to get is a single color with subtle variations in hue for this scarf. I think this would show the pattern perfectly. If I have time, I may also try to knit a top down hat to go with the scarf. We'll see how far I get. Ok, I did it, I admit it, I finally casted on for DD's socks, but... I have to frog it all ready. There is a huge ladder in the first couple of rows that will not be snugged up. Well I needed something to keep me occupied while waiting to continue with Sven and the short rows and also trying to find the perfect yarn for the ISE4 scarf. I needed something to keep me occupied during my lunch hour. This cold is something else. I went through one of the boutique size box of Puffs yesterday. It's a wonder that my nose isn't looking like Rudolphs. I got the Puffs with lotion and that seemed to help quite a bit. The other side effect from the kleenex that I am noticing is that when the kleenex is touching my lips it is also putting lotion on them as well...go figure that one out.

No comments: