Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ouch!

The second sleeve is now completed and on the stitch holders. Last night, I casted on for the body of the sweater. The first time that I casted on, I ended up short. I used a long tail cast-on and ran out of yarn, so time to do it again. The second time I casted-on and joined I got around to complete the round and found out that I wasn't ending on a purl stitch and I somehow had an extra stich on my needle. Probably not an extra stitch but made a few mistakes along the way. Well, what's the saying the third time's a charm. I casted-on had way too much yarn left over, easily fixed with the snip of a pair of scissors. I joined the round, good so far, add a stitch marker, good, get around and just enough stitches to end on a purl but oh-oh, my stitch marker ended up wrapped up in my knitting. I wasn't about to rip it all the way out again, so how do I fix this? I slipped the ring from the marker and then removed the cute little sheep from my knitting..ah success. I am using my KnitPicks circular needles and I forgot how much they hurt. I'm a pusher and the tips are a bit sharp. At the moment, I have about an inch and a half of ribbing done, halfway through the ribbing and then after that it's all the knit stitch. The race is on to get the body to a certain point until Saturday. The Red-Cabled sweater is dried and neatly folded. I might wear it tomorrow. If I do, I am bringing a lighter shirt to work with me, you never know if it is going to be warm. We're having computer problems at home, I can't get the pages to load. Once that situation gets fixed then I'll post some pictures.

No comments: