Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Lunch Knitting

Ok, I casted on for my Internation Scarf Exchange Scarf and quickly encountered a problem. The problem: how in the world do you do a purl f&b? I know how to do a knit f&b. There is something that has to do with the how the yarn is moved. When I just do it, I somehow end up with three stitches on the needle instead of two or the stitches just look all wonky. So I put that away and brought out the sock. I am now working on the heel and loving every minute of knitting this sock. A few more rows and I will be ready to turn the heel. I'm stopping by Fiddleheads tonight for some more yarn shopping and help with that purl f&b. One of these days I need to sit down and finish up Sven, probably sometime this week.

1 comment:

Obsessed with knitting said...

this is a good question!

do you see how on the needle the stitch goes from the front right to the back left?

to do a purl, you purl into the front right part of the yarn (as you normally do).

to do the increase - do the purl, but do not remove from the left needle. take your right needle and go to the stitch's back left part and purl into there - it will be a little tight and twisty. once you have the two new stitches on the right needle, slide the stitch off the left needle.