Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ah, Yes There is Light!

Yesterday during our lunch breaks a co-worker of mine sat down with me and showed me two different ways to do seaming. Once we figured out which one worked best with the sweater it was off to the races. We seamed the side up first and then she read the directions. The sleeves actually need to be sewn in first before the sides. We also found out why the sleeves poofed up real bad. I didn't have to seam the shoulder all the way across. So, yesterday morning I decided that I wasn't going to do any knitting but got out the good old ball winder and a hank of my Cherry Tree Hill. I figured I had enough time to wind it. I should have remembered past attempts. Well anyways by the time I had left for work, I had one little itty bitty hand wound ball and a blob of yarn. Yep, that's what was waiting for me when I got home from my meeting and work yesterday. I should have known better than to attempt to wind a hank without an extra pair of hands or arms around. I kept thinking all day long, I need a swift, I need a swift. Once I got home from my meeting and showered I sat down and worked on that blob. It took me about 2 1/2 hours for that blob to turn into a hand wound ball. I didn't rescue all of it but a good portion of it. It should be enough to make a pair of socks, especially since I don't like a long cuff. This morning, before I left for work I sat down and started working on my sweater. I got the top of the shoulder seamed and one half of the shoulder of the sleeve seamed in. I am very pleased with what I am seeing so far. I am much happier, no poofiness! I need to get my co-worker a lovely thank you card for taking her lunch hour to help me in my hour of need! The sweater should be done by the end of the weekend. Tomorrow is a vacation day, I wonder how much knitting and seaming I can get done. ana whoisdoingthesnoopydanceonceagain

No comments: