Monday, February 19, 2007

Disappointment

I finished the seaming the sweater last night and tried it on. I absolutely hated it. It ended up with poofy shoulders and the fabric just didn't look right. I think I was expecting it to end up more like the picture. Should have I used the same yarn? Who knows. So it was a bit of an upsetting night. I am going to attempt to rework the sleeves so they don't end up so poofy at the top. I am not sure if it's just the way that the sleeves are designed or what. I am considering just picking up the sleeves and knitting them in the round off of the sweater. But first I am going to unattach the sleeves and reattach them to see what I get. I also discovered that I am not going to knit another sweater again that has the purl side as the main side. I do not like the way that it looks. I had also thought about not including the cable belt that is knit off of the main cable on the sweater but upon trying it on, it defintely does need the cable! There is some good news in all of this though! The good news is that the sweater fits! I have also decided to email Mindy and talk to her about the poofy sleeves. I am not sure if it is the type of seaming that I did that is causing the poofyness. I did a crochet join and if that is causing the problem. I decided to continue working on the Lady E. I pulled her out this morning and got two rectangles done. I am waiting for my box from The Loopy Ewe to arrive with the sock pattern that I ordered. Yes, I am going to attempt to knit a sock again. I am bound and determined to get at least one pair of socks done. I am not sure about the two lone socks that I have all ready finished if they will receive a mate or not. ana whowantstobehomeinbedsnoozing

No comments: