Sunday, February 25, 2007

Not Much Happening

Much to my disappointment, we didn't get the blizzard they were predicting. Some other place got it. I was so looking forward to not getting dressed and spending the day in my jammies snoozing on the couch and knitting. Last night I did my gauge swatch for the Sven Sveater. I went one needle size up from what the pattern required and bingo wouldn't you know it, I hit gauge on my first try. I also played with Microsoft Excel to map out the pattern in the colors that I have chosen to see how it would work. That also took one try to find something that I like right away. I am trying to decide if I want to cast on for the body or the sleeves tonight. I have a funny feeling that I am going to be placing an order for some extra cables and needles before the week is out though. Last night when I had did the gauge swatch, I had used my Addi's size 9 40". That is just way too much cable. So I got my Knit Picks Option set out found the appropriate size needles. I was happy to discover that they weren't all ready involved in one of my WIPs. I did use the 24" cables, I need to also dig out the 16" cables, I am going to try to knit the sleeves using that. The pattern states to start out using dpns and then switch to circulars. I figure that I would just start out on the circulars. I need to go through the pattern and either circle or highlight the numbers pertaining to my size. The book recommends using a highlighter but since this sweater will probably only be knitted for myself, I figured I might as well just use a pen and start circling away.

No comments: