Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Morning Knitting

Last night I was just too tired to do any knitting. I did start to think about my next knitting project. Since the Moebius didn't turn out quite the way that I planned I am thinking about knitting another cowl and maybe some legwarmers from this book. I have some lovely Malabrigo that I can knit it up in. That's as far as I got. This morning, after not very much deliberation, I decided that I was going to frog a couple of rows and start over. I especially wasn't too happy with the last cable. To me it just still didn't look right. So I got one of my Size 1 Addi Circulars and ran the needle across the knitting like a lifeline. I used the book Knit Fix to help me make sure I was doing to correctly. Mindy had showed me previously how to do it also, but sometimes it helps to have a little bit of confirmation that you are doing it right. Well I ran the needle across the knitting except for the area that contained the cable. Now, I just have to figure out what row I am on, how many more to knit before I have to do the cable and how many inches that I have. I need for 4.5" for the armhole then I can start all over. Hopefully this time, I will remember to bind off and decrease at the same. I wanted to add, that the Knit Fix book should become a part of every knitters library. Mindy had recommended it to me and I am very glad that she did. I will be extremely happy when I can finally start knitting the sleeves. anawhoneedsmoreknittingtimesoshecanfinishhersweaterwhileitsstillfreezingoutside.

No comments: