Saturday, February 17, 2007

Yet Another Sweater Update

I spent most of (ok all of my afternoon) at Fiddleheads today. Mindy showed me how to seam my sweater together. I have half of the sweater seamed together. I got one side, one shoulder and one sleeve completely seamed. I picked out the yarn for my Big Sven Sveater 'people size'. It's hard exactly knowing which yarns to use and then of course deciding on the color. I just thought that the sweater was going to be in two colors. It is actually knit into four colors. It wasn't too hard finding four colors that go well together once I decided on the type of yarn to use I wanted something that would knit up soft. Mindy suggested the Cascade 220. What convinced me to use the Cascade was the sweater that she had all ready knitted up in the shop. The colors that I picked were a heathered medium brown, a heathered dark brown, an orange color and an off white or creamy white color. I'll post a picture later of all the colors. I also picked up two more sweater patterns from Knitting Pure & Simple. The first one is a neckdown pullover for women and the second one is a bulky v neck pullover. That one is exactly like the one Mindy had knitted up in the shop but without the hood. I'll have to knit these up using the Cascade 220 since it isn't that expensive.

No comments: