Friday, February 23, 2007

Only the Button

I have only the button left to sew on the sweater and maybe the belt. I am trying to figure out if I want to do a crochet chain for the button loop and just how big it needs to be. I'm still debating about adding the belt on to the sweater like it has in the picture. My co-worker has told me not to add the belt. I'm only 4'11" and she said that it would basically cut me in half and make me look shorter. I have no idea. The belt is attached to the cable. I would pick up stitches along the cable and knit the belt from there. I'll take a picture of the sweater later tonight of the finished sweater so far and a picture of the pattern. Any suggestions would be more than welcomed. I added a single crochet on to the neckline edge, it does make the sweater look a whole lot better. The neckline needed something, it just didn't look right with the way the pattern had the neckline done. I tried the sweater on and it fits. It looks good, I'm still not too happy with the purl side as the right side of the sweater, but I would definitely wear the sweater more than once. I stopped in at Fiddlehead Yarns today. Much to my surprise, I saw that Mindy got some Claudia Hand Painted yarns in. I discovered some lace-weight yarn and then I found the motherlode of sock yarn. She had it hanging in the doorway on a pole. Lots of gorgeous colors and so much to choose from. DD went with me. I picked out four skeins of Poppy and Freesia. I had Mindy put the Freesia on hold and told her that I would pick it up next week. She reminded me about the sweater class next week. I will post my latest yarn acquistions later tonight after I take their pictures. I talked to Mindy some more about my sweater. She mentioned something about a saddle shoulder or something about the sweater. She also said that the pattern wasn't very clear about how to work the sleeves. I told her that I had figured that out. I also told her that had took the whole sweater apart and redid it. When I went in to the shop this morning, the only thing that I had left to do was to sew the side seams and the sleeve seam. The seaming went quickly and a lot better than when I had done it crocheting. I need to get the gauge swatch done for my Sven Sveater. I am hoping that I have the right needles to do the swatch and won't need to buy any new ones. I do need to place an order with Knit Picks and get the needle size tags for my Options set. I have a set of needles right now on my scarves that I might need to use. ana ihatemakingagaugeswatchbutknowthatihaveto

No comments: