Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sweater Update

I finally finished the front of the sweater and started on the first sleeve. I am so happy to have the front finally done. I stopped in at Fiddleheads yesterday to check out what is new. Mindy has tons of Lorna's Laces in stock. I almost got some in a Glencoe colorway but decided to get some Trekking and Opal instead. I just love the orange in each of the skeins of sock yarn.
Yesterday, I placed an order from the Loopy Ewe Sheri had some Opal Rainforest in so I got some. I got the Tree Frog and Butterfly colorway. I also got a sock note book and some Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn. I placed the order yesterday and got a notification today that it has been shipped. The other thing that I got from Fiddleheads is this book for Rowan's Classic Yarn. There are several patterns in there that I love, one of these days when I have the money for the yarn I'll work on one of the patterns that I has a lot of cables. I did a post on Sheri's blog regarding a generic sock pattern. Trish answered that post with this wonder blog from Lucia. Lucia's blog has numberous sock calculators. All you do is just type in a shoe size and it generates the pattern for you. It lists the patterns for Magic Loop also. She also has tutorials for the different steps of the socks. What a wonderful site. I made sure that I bookmarked it. I am going to attempt to knit a pair of socks this time from the cuff down. I am not sure if the toe-up is for me. Who knows with this new website as a tool I may just be able to conquer it! anawho'sgoalfortheweekendistogetonesleevedone

No comments: