Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sven Update

I starting knitting the Sven Sveater before class. I figure since I'm somewhat of a slow knitter that I would get a head start. I am doing the cuff in 2x2 ribbing and now have three inches worth. I did one row of increases and then ran into a problem How do I increase going up the sleeve? The directions were a bit confusing so I posted a question on the Knitters review forums. I have gotten several responses via email to my question. So now I'm a happy camper and can continue knitting along. I had to stop in at Fiddlehead Yarns last night to pick up a set of 9 double pointed needles. I showed Mindy my sweater and she even agreed that it looked better. She had a class going on so I could stay to admire the yummy yarn. DH and DD were also out in the car waiting for me. We were on our way to the YMCA. DD had a volleyball clinic, so DH and I worked out while she was playing. I had told DH that I wasn't going to do any running, guess what? I ran anyways. I just recently joined the International Scarf Exchange 4. The moderator has said that there are a lot of North American knitters that joined so it may not be that international. There is still time to sign up if you want to join. Just click the button in my side bar. I just got done knitting a couple of rounds on the sleeve to the point where I'm past the first increase. I am keeping a post-it on my pattern and writing it down every time I finish a row. When I completed the fifth round and had to do my increase on the next round, I moved the stitch marker up. I am using a K1f&b increase and so far things are going really well. I think that the sleeves are definitely going to be a quick knit. It'll be interesting to see what I have to do once the sleeve is to where it needs to be and I need to start the second sleeve. I love the color that I picked for the main body. I will post a picture soon of my progress so far and of all the colors that I have chosen for the sweater.

No comments: